About Lake Wanaka
Lake Wanaka is a year-round destinaiton set against the beautiful backdrop of Mt Aspiring National Park, and surrounded by stunning lakes and mountains. In winter Wanaka is a skiiers dream, with several top ski areas close by, and in summer Wanaka is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise, with numerous outdoor activities to take part in.
What to do in Wanaka
- Take a guided hike or climb in Mt Aspiring National Park
- Enjoy the boutique shops and cafes in central Wanaka
- Try sky diving or take a flight in a classic Tigermoth!
- Go skiing at one of the many nearby ski areas
- Be puzzled at Wanaka's amazing Puzzling World attraction