New Zealand Nature Tours
New Zealand’s natural environment is one of its defining features, with stunning landscapes, plants and wildlife at every turn. Learn more about this special land and its creatures on a guided eco-tour, nature walk or wildlife encounter!
Swimming with dolphins, watching whales, hiking in a national park or bird watching at a nature sanctuary - New Zealand nature tours and eco experiences are adventures you'll never forget. Experience the best of New Zealand by embarking on an Eco Tour, or a nature experience.
New Zealand Eco Tours
New Zealand's eco tour options are a major drawcard for many visitors.
- Bird watching in New Zealand is a varied activity that can be enjoyed the length of the country. As well as common pelagic and sea birds such as mollymawks, petrels and shags, visitors can view rare species such as the Yellow-Eyed Penguin. New Zealand is also home to the world's only mainland albatross colony.
- Marine Encounters are plentiful thanks to New Zealand's vast coastline. Whale watching in Kaikoura, swimming with dolphins in Akaroa or diving at the Poor Knights Islands in Northland are just some of the exceptional marine encounters on offer in New Zealand.
- As well as birds and marine mammals, New Zealand is home to some other interesting species. The ancient Tuatara and the giant weta can be viewed in zoos or wildlife sanctuaries, whilst the fascinating glow worm is best seen on a guided cave tour.
- New Zealand eco tours will also introduce you to some of NZ's native flora, from the monolithic Kauri trees of the far north to the delicate Mt Cook Lily in the alpine reaches of the south.
With a New Zealand nature experience you can interact with New Zealand's wildlife in a controlled environment.
- New Zealand zoos and wildlife parks are world-class facilities that let you view rare and exotic animals whilst educating visitors on environmental and conservation issues.
- Aquariums and aviaries or bird sanctuaries are a great way to observe New Zealand birds and marine life up close. Learn more about New Zealand's rare birds and fish, have fun with the family and maybe even see a Kiwi!
- New Zealand Farm Visits are a perennial family favourite. Experience life on a real NZ farm and learn about 'the backbone of New Zealand' with a farm visit or farmstay experience.
New Zealand's Natural Environment
From glaciers to volcanoes, forests to beaches - exploring New Zealand's natural environment is an amazing experience!
- New Zealand's 14 National Parks offer an abundance of walking trails and overnight hiking experiences. There are also many guided tour options in New Zealand's national parks.
- You will find stunning scenic landmarks the length of the country, including the fiords of the deep south, the geothermal wonders of Rotorua and eye-catching quirks of nature like the Moeraki Boulders.
- And you're never far from water in New Zealand, be it a river, glacial-fed lake or sparkling ocean.