About Judith Doyle
Judith Doyle is a Wellington-based travel writer with a focus on outdoor activities, wildlife and the arts (especially literary).
After university, she trained on an Auckland daily and has worked on newspapers and magazines in UK and Australia as well as New Zealand.
She edited a tourist weekly in Wellington; was press officer in the New Zealand Tourist Department and edited Booknotes for the New Zealand Book Council.
She has written three travel books: Pay for Your Travel by Writing; Older & Bolder - age is no limit to outdoor adventures; and Tea with my Tapas - a New Zealand traveller enjoys the cultural challenges of Spain. Details of her books are displayed below. Judith also writes for daily newspapers and specialist magazines.
Judith's Travel Writing Awards
- Winner, Cathay Pacific TravCom Competition 2002
- Runner-up, Air NZ National Magazine Award 1997
- Winner, Gold Award, Pacific Asia Travel Association 1993
- Winner, Travel Writer's Award 1989/1990
Books by Judith Doyle
- Pay for your Travel by Writing
- Older & Bolder
- Tea with my Tapas: A New Zealand traveller enjoys the cultural challenges of Spain
Contact Judith Doyle
Phone: +64 4 384 9454